Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Why aren't you dating anyone?"


This was a question my grandmother( visiting from NC) recently asked me. I gave her the following answer.
I'm not really interested in dating anyone right now.
That's the real answer. Seriously. But maybe there is more to it then that? Many people have suggested that its because no girls will date me. that is just not true. I've known girls who I could have dated but I haven't. Here is why. When I hear the word dating, two words pop into my mind. One of them is commitment. One of them is Compatibility. See, this ring on my finger say three words. Those three words (also the headline of my blog for those of you who aren't sure what those words are) define me. They are important to me. They are the reason I am almost 20 years old and have never been on a date. I could have gone on dates before, but dating for me isn't a silly game.It's serious. I'm not going to date someone for the heck of it. For me to date someone there has to be commitment and compatibility. If we don't share the same beliefs, same moral values,ect. I'm not interested. That's why I WILL NOT agree to date a girl who is not a Christian. I DO NOT want to be the most important person in this girls life. Jesus should be. We also need to be able to get along (as friends first) and not be at each other's throat. I also don't want to just date. My ENTIRE GOAL in dating would be to find someone I can spend my life with. I'm not saying lets get engaged on date #1,2,20, or 50. That number would all depend on so many variables. But WHEN I date someone, the main goal is to move towards that point.

So..THAT'S why. Hope you understand. If you don't thats cool to. I'm not here to look cool. I have my faith and beliefs and am not defined by what people think of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice article :]
i also believe in some of the things that you have pointed out--commitment and also my ties to God. i'm very impressed by your thinking xD
i have a ring too ^^