Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MY CAR

Why do you drive such a crappy car?
The question above was asked by one of the High Schoolers on Sunday as I drove them around.


Here is the explanation I gave:
Yeah, I know, but I'm going to buy a car from my parents once I save up some money.
What I said was true, but there is a much better answer beneath the surface. The answer should have instead been this.
Well, from May to December I burned about $1,500-$2,000 buying stupid stuff on ebay. If I wouldn't have done that, I would have a nice car and you would be sitting in it right now.
Yeah maybe I wasn't making alot of money working from September to January working, but that doesn't really matter, because, had I not wasted so much cash, I would have had some and not been worried about it.
I am now in a position where I am working and making 4x more $$ a week than I was from October to January, and yet, if i don't act responsibly with that money, it STILL will not be enough. This is cool. I'm learning new things every day.
Thank you Lord for what you are teaching me!

No comments: