Sunday, March 9, 2008

6 days later.

6 days AGO, I did not want to be at church. I'm glad I was there after all. As I posted about earlier, I was scared and vulnerable. This week, I have become MORE vulnerable about this, telling a handful of people, and its been good to get it out. JK's sermon 2 Sundays ago was titled "Do You Still Not Understand". No I don't , and I know I don't but hearing the song "Here I Am To Worship" this past Sunday helped me get part of it. Here are parts of the Lyrics that hit me hard.
Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that you're my God,
You're altogether lovely,
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me.

I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross.
I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross.
So...if that's my ultimate goal (Westminster Catechism Question Q. #1 What Is Man's chief End? A. To glorify God and enjoy him forever) then why should I NOT want to be at church, why should I be afraid what others think of me? I Shouldn't...but sometimes I am. This song just helped me understand the point. Church isn't where I go to look good in front of friends (Cornerstone is certainly not the church for that anyway). My goal is to worship, and thank the Lord for where he's brought me from and where he is bring me. REMEMBERING THAT will help me be at church to WORSHIP. THAT starts tomorrow.

No comments: