Monday, March 3, 2008

my spiritual blindness.

Here is what I took from the AMAZING sermon on Sunday. The passage was on Mark 8:22-30. For the first time, it looks like Jesus' power doesn't work the first time.

We are ALL spiritually blind,and this is not just any miracle. Everyone in this passage is blind. Mark is showing us that it might take more than 1 touch from Jesus to cure our spiritual blindness. It is a process. It is so obvious and yet so hard to understand.

The way to become less spiritually blind is to understand how blind you are. Jesus said "I have not come to show you how to save yourself, I have come to SAVE YOU!!!"

Why don't I understand? I don't want to trust everything to God. I will not understand how lost I am until I admit the problem. We often have to be healed in stages. We SHOULD be dissatisfied with our spiritual sight, and ask Jesus to touch our eyes AGAIN and AGAIN.

Spiritual sight needs community and confidence. I need to be vulnerable!

Lord, make me vulnerable. Help me to admit my sin and ask for guidance from the community. Please show me how blind I really am, and please touch my eyes, again and again.

No comments: