Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More wicked than I'd ever dared believe

If you get a chance, check out this amazing sermon by John Kinyon. In this sermon, I learned something incredible, and as I listened to it today, It started to make sense. As John mentioned, "Hopefully you see yourself in her". Hopefully I Can!!


The Faith of a Syrophoenician Woman
24Jesus left that place and went to the vicinity of Tyre.[a] He entered a house and did not want anyone to know it; yet he could not keep his presence secret. 25In fact, as soon as she heard about him, a woman whose little daughter was possessed by an evil[b] spirit came and fell at his feet. 26The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.

27"First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

28"Yes, Lord," she replied, "but even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."

29Then he told her, "For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter."

30She went home and found her child lying on the bed, and the demon gone.

The gospel teaches this woman in the passage (and me). You are more wicked than you ever dared believe, but you are more LOVED and ACCEPTED than you ever had dared hope.



So... If the above is true, and IF I believe i am the worst sinners, I should not be ashamed of people knowing about my sin, and the worst of it, because I have done much worse than no one could ever even imagine.

The second "if" above is bold and capitalized. Why? Because I believe it...but I don't. I know how bad I am and that I am worse than anyone else, and yet I justify myself all the time. I KNOW about my sin, but I tend to point the fingers at others. As someone told me on the phone yesterday "All you are doing is justifying yourself". So, "if" I believe I am the worst of sinners, I will show it by stopping the attempt to defend and justify myself.

So, IF you want to know what I have been struggling with for 2 weeks, ask me. I'm worse than YOU could ever imagine, so discussing this shouldn't be a problem.

I'm more than willing to share what I've done and how God has changed my life through it.

No comments: