Sunday, March 2, 2008

I didn't want to be in church today.

I'll be honest. I DID NOT want to be at Cornerstone this morning. I walked in and felt different. I felt like people looked at me differently (even though very few even know). As I was sitting during our call to worship, I wrote this down.
I don't want to be here today. I feel insecure for the first time in a while. I am shaking and have goosebumps everywhere, and I can't explain it. I can't help but be upset. I feel different here than I ever have. Do people see me differently. I want to cry as I see William looking at me, then I see someone holding his young daughter. These are the kids I want to work with and show Christ love, and now I can't.
I tried to fight back the tears, and then as we began to sing Here I am to Worship they wouldn't stop coming down. Then everything from there made me see my foolishness, or parts of it. During the Congregational Prayer of Confession I wrote this.
We can't stay in confession. If we do, life is hopeless (where mine has been for 7 days). I need to find joy in ALL things. Jesus is my friend, who blesses through strength and WEAKNESS.
I learned so much this Sunday. Thank the Lord for bringing me there when I didn't want to be there. Thank you Lord for teaching me so much today, through all parts of worship (thoughts about the sermon come tomorrow)

2 comments:

threetwentyone said...

Dude. Really great Truth you learned yesterday! If we stay in confession and don't accept the forgiveness and love and STRENGTH TO OVERCOME from God, then we are sorry indeed.

John Schuchman said...

And I've been sorry for a long time. Thanks for the comment buddy