Thursday, April 24, 2008

What Am I doing with my life?

The simple answer: I don't know.

A year ago, the plan was to finish up at Desales and major in Sports management. THAT is STILL the plan, but now I am considering other careers. Before it was a blinded vision with working for a minor league baseball team. Now the plans have switched up. While I still desire that, there are also other things I am considering.

Here is what I am considering.


1) Stick with my desire all along. Sports Management. The good in that is there are many opportunities within the field, but to get where I want to get (General Manager or front office exec.) you need to not only KNOW people, but get a lot of breaks along the way.

2) Photography. This has become what I have desired lately as a career more than anything else. Sadly, there are not a lot of opportunities in the field... and to actually make some decent $$$, you need to be a REALLY GOOD photographer, as well as know people.

3) Youth Ministries. This has to be what drives me more than anything else. My desire to work with kids. I just LOVE kids, and want to impact the kids around me, so I have considered this a lot. I would love to work full time with youth, whether it be high school, middle school, or LITTLE kids. I love seeing them grow in Christ and learn so much. As many of you know, there are VERY FEW opportunities in this field, and its not a job where your gonna make a lot of money, but this is one job I would do where the amount of money I make would NOT matter!

No comments: