Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How Growth Happens.

There is a reason for everything.
I'm convinced God has me do certain things for certain reasons at different times. Here is a good example of this recently in my life.

while working Tuesday, I listened to Jim's sermon on "The 2 D's of Discipleship" from March 9th. I had listened once before and learned some great things, but I like listening to the sermons at Cornerstone a couple times Many times,like on Tuesday, I hear something else that applies to where I am at that particular moment that I didn't catch the first time through. While listening to the sermon, I heard this quote, which makes so much sense to me.
Growth Happens when we stop trying to MAKE IT by our own Desires.
Wow... So I will grow, and become the Man God needs me to be as soon as I STOP trying to make it on my own and stop trying to FULFILL my Desires?? Hmmm

I LOVE this learning process. I don't always know "why" but I know God has a better plan than I have, and I need to STOP trying to do it on my own.

I need to stop trying to Make it on my own desires.




No comments: