Monday, April 28, 2008

I've lost it

Don't ask me why, because I don't know why.
All I know is I've lost my connections and accountability at church.
I've spent very little time over the past two Sundays over the past 2 weeks talking to anyone.
Maybe I'm in a rush to get to my plans for the afternoon, but I think it has more to do with me feeling like people just don't want to be involved in my life anymore.

I don't get it, because I've never been like this before.
I've lost touch with my church....

I need to get that "closeness" that makes me desire to be at Cornerstone every week back...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want a friend... be a friend.
If you want others to be close to you you need to be close to others.

Spend time getting to know people...ask them about their life...how there week went..etc.
It will be rewarding to YOU as you get to know them and HOW they really are. :)

threetwentyone said...

It is good to desire community. Be aware that it is dangerous, which means it is a fine line between very good and very bad. Dietrich Bonhoeffer said, "Whoever cannot be alone should beware of community...[and] whoever cannot stand being in community should beware of being alone."

Anonymous said...

Holy Dang, Schuch, it's been forever since I read your blog. Sorry :-/

yikes, tons of stuff I want to comment on but I feel like it is all old news for you, so you will be like, what the heck is she talking about.

Anyways, I haven't been to Cornerstone for the past two weeks, so that is obviously the problem :-P That and as you said rushing out of church, which I blame the Iron Pigs for. Don't really know how to fix that one.

John Schuchman said...

nathanael, thank you for that man. I often see NOT having community as a bad thing, but maybe too much of it can be a bad thing!


Sarah, don't worry about it! My blog isn't the most important thing in the world...ok maybe it is :P

And don't blame the iron pigs! I haven't even been to a Sunday game!

so HA!