Friday, July 4, 2008

My time in the woods, PArt 2

So......after my post last night.....I was with the man for another 2 hours. Basically, like I said last night, he didn't have his sons # (or at least not his USA ONE!!! LOL )

so anyway...the cops never arrived and said the got 'lost' My mom got involved and called her friend from Wycliffe to try to get Wycliffe to track this guy down, to no avail. At about 10:15 I got a call from a New Holland cop, basically telling me there wasn't much they could do :(

3 minutes later, another New Holland cop called me to tell me he had talked to this mans son twice and had his number for me ( So one cop says they can't do anything..another gives me all the info I need....haha)

Anyways..

I called his son and we talked about where to meet. So, I drove there to bring this man to his dad.

Once there, the old man was telling me how I went way above and beyond what I should have. I told him that I had not listened to God's call to help so many times before, way too often. I also told him so many times people have helped me and this was my turn to help someone else.

We both shared stories about how we had so many times not been as genorous or giving/charitable as we know God has wanted. I shared with him what I shared with you all last night, as I tried not to cry in front of this total stranger who I at this point felt like I had known for years!

His son and wife arrived soon afterwards and we chatted for a few minutes before we both parted ways.


I was so THANKFUL for this experience and life lesson. Thanks again Lord :)


Hopefully I won't ignore the next person I see who needs help! Hopefully I can also teach those around me to be willing to listen to God's call!!!!

That's my prayer.





Oh.....and Happy Independence Day!!!

I worked all day and now am going to Chuck E Cheese with my family. HAHA. Its for my brother, not me ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you liked it...it's ok, I won't tell anyone. Life's little miracles are what make it magical; but you have to stop and look at them. I'm glad you did.