Sunday, July 27, 2008

I guess I should have shared this by now.

For those of you that don't know, I am moving...and it might be to Virginia.

Below is an email that I sent to a group of people I know from church, and I figured I would share it here so my 'blog readers' also know what is going on.







Hey C3 folks! Hope this finds you all well.
Some of you have heard this, but I wanted all of you to know.

About 3 weeks ago, I found out that my family (Mom,Stepdad, and 3 younger siblings) are moving to Fredericksburgh,Virginia because my stepdad is moving positions within his company. My older sister will stay behind and live with my dad in Reading (in between college). My mom and stepdad have left me with a decision that I never wanted to make.
I can either stay here and live with my dad, or go with them. My stepdad leaves next Tuesday to begin his new position, and the rest of my family will be out of where we live now September 1st. It finally hit me today that this is for real, as I began packing up a lot of the stuff in my room. (Since I either move down there, or move to my dad's house)

They want me to at least check out some churches and schools down there , which I have begun doing, and make a 'list' of what I have here, and what I have (potentially) down there,as to weigh the options. They were hoping that I would not write off going with them without looking into it, and I have tried not to.


On the one hand, I don't want most of my family to leave and only see them a few times a year,
but on the other hand, I don't want to leave my dad,older sister, or the Lehigh Valley behind.

Over the last 23 months, I have gotten to know this core group more than I could ever have imagined. I have so many wonderful friends and influences in this group, that I never want to leave. Through God's grace, my life has changed dramatically over that time, and I have so many of you to thank for that. This (along with Cornerstone) was the first group I was ever part of where ,when someone asked me how I was doing, I knew they really wanted to know, and didn't just want to hear "good". I want to stay, because I want to continue to be a part of this ministry, but at the same time, I don't feel like I can say "NO" if God has called me to go to Virginia. My desire is to serve wherever God wants me, and if that is in Virginia, then so be it.

Again, I want to thank you all for the time I have had with all of you. Please pray for me this week, as I try to make a decision.


Thanks you all for your continued prayers and support
John Schuchman

No comments: