Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Maybe this is my call

Sunday Night, I was once again at the Reed's house for the West Valley church plant meeting. We studied Acts 17:16-34. We studied it in a different way than I have been accustomed to, as instead of someone just explaining things, the group was asked to point out things that stuck out to them (and why). I will try to get into the discussion itself at some point, but not now. the way we examined the passage was amazing, and it helped me learn a lot.

I also realized something about the church plant Sunday night that I had not realized before. One of my biggest fears with going with the plant is that I don't know many of the people going. Then, Sunday night it hit me, as I was talking to 2 people I did not really know (I knew OF them,but did not know them). As I had these conversations, I realized that I am begging to know the people who will be part of this plant, just by being at these meetings! It's elementary I guess, but I had not really thought about it. The more I spend with these 'planters', the more I will get to know them and become a part of their life.

No comments: