Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You said "please"

Yesterday, I went to Wendy's for some food while I was working. Yes I already know that I shouldn't be eating at Wendy's, but hey, I was starving, and it was cheap and quick. So anyway...once I pulled up to get my food, the sweet old lady asked if I wanted some ketchup, to which I responded, "Yes Please". She then said something that really shocked me, "You said please". I responded with "Doesn't everyone?" and we had a little chat in which she stated I was a really good kid and how my parents must have raised me right...

Anyway... I just have to wonder where the kindness has gone? I can't believe people are so rude that they are not willing to say please and thank you. Our country has become such a "me-first" society. It really makes me sick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy's....mmmm....last time I checked that costs money.

You should have brought your lunch.....say this three times and click your heels together .......

I want to save money
I want to save money
I want to save money

John Schuchman said...

hmmm....work pays for my food REMEMBER?
I win.