Thursday, May 8, 2008

Frisbee brings a renewed rivalry

On Sunday, I played Frisbee with about 15 people. Most of them attended Cornerstone or were friends of people who went to Cornerstone whom I had met before. I decided to invite my buddy Alan from Desales. I hadn't seen him for a few months, and he loved sports so I figured it would be fun. While at Desales, although we were friends, I always felt a rivalry between the two of is. I was jealous of him for EVERYTHING. He had good looks, a girlfriend, a 4.0 (and he barely studied), and the athletic ability that I desired more than anything else, oh and he had the Faith that I didn't . The rivalry died down a bit because I could just never live up to his standards. On Sunday, I realized just how much I envied him. As he was running around the field on EVERY play, I was struggling to just not pass out. What use to be a rivalry that drove me to quit, has now become something that has made me try even HARDER. When I saw him start to run around making amazing plays on every play, it made me step up my game a bit and play at 150%. I still wasn't the player he was, but I definitely stepped up my game to where he made me a better player on the field. I felt like I had to work THAT much harder whether it was running as fast as I could all time, or laying out for a diving catch just to get people to pay attention to my game, and not to his.
I played my heart out, and left it all on the field, so I'm proud of myself for what I accomplished.
I gave it my best, which is as much as I can give.

No comments: