Friday, May 2, 2008

God, the cell phone charger

I stayed at my dad's house last night after the Yankees game. I didn't think I would stay there, but I was just getting to Reading back from Desales at 3 AM, and was totally worn out. I didn't have a cell phone charger, so I was not able to charge my phone. Luckily for me, my phone has a battery that last forever. Its amazing. What's funny is I NEVER want to charge my phone unless my phone is dead...or will be before I'm home again. It's as if I'm on a pay per charge plan! :P

Today I began to think as I was mowing the lawn (where I do my best thinking besides my drives to Allentown and in the shower) and thought: The way I treat I charge my phone is very similar to how I tend to treat God. That doesn't make much sense so let me explain.

The only time I charge my phone is when I desperately NEED to charge it.
In the seem way, the only time I seek a "charge" (direction) from God...is when I desperately need it (After I have tried doing it my own way). Thankfully, God's charge never runs out. AMEN
Sadly, I don't seek him first AS OFTEN as I should.

Lord, help me come to you before trying things myself!
Help me know your where I will get all of the answers I need!

No comments: