Thursday, May 1, 2008

What have I done!?

Tonight, I went to the Yankees game in NY. I love going to baseball games, and will NEVER turn down a chance to walk into Yankees stadium with a Red Sox shirt on....and come out alive. You can learn a lot about people by what they say when you where the apparel of their rivals, but that's another story for another day! I learned a lot about myself after the game. Maybe it was the crowd, maybe it was the six friends I was with. I don't know. But here is what I DO know. There was a man, in a wheel chair who had something wrong with him. I couldn't tell you what, mostly because I didn't make him worth my time. He was sitting there trying to sell some candy to people as they walked by. He didn't look up at anyone. I saw him and looked quickly as I walked past. Then I kept moving and stopped and looked back not once,not twice, but THREE TIMES. Each time, I told myself it would be the right thing to do to go over and buy some candy. Instead I kept walking, and have thought about it ever since. I really WANTED to go over to him, but was scared of the unknown I guess.

I don't know that my money would have made a difference in his life, but heck...it could have bought him dinner when he probably didn't have any food?


I could have helped the helpless and refused
I'm sorry to the man. More importantly I'm sorry to God, because I KNEW what I should have done, but didn't
John...you idiot. How can you be Jesus to those who see you unless you are willing to step outside of your comfort zone and do something for other INSTEAD of living for yourself??





That's me talking to myself.
I need to here it.

Sigh...

No comments: