Monday, February 25, 2008

What does Leadership mean?

Like all of my post, this one was thought out. I usually get an idea of something and then chew on it for a few days. Well this was an idea from Friday which I thought over, and it became more real as I prayed for the high schoolers and that ministry at C3. And thus this thought came into my head. And of course, everything has changed as of yesterday. I feel like I am fighting the judicial system again, except this time it's MY CHURCH. It's frustrating and I feel vulnerable. But that doesn't matter at this point, because I can't change the past.
But about the post:

Here is my thought. I have been considering (wait till my mom sees this) dying my hair again with about 3 times the blonde as before, and the possibility of an earing. But here's the thing. If I were to be in a leadership role of any kind, I don't think its a good idea because most parents would not want their child to do either. So, as someone who is looked up to by high schoolers, I just think its a bad idea to have an appearance that high school parents wouldn't approve of. Does that mean I won't do it at some point? No. But it does mean that before I do either, I'm gonna see how the actions I take might affect both those I am leading, and their parents.

Thought #2 Movies.

I have gone to two different movies with high school guys from the church, neither of which I would say I would not recommend to other Christians. But heres a thought, I have recently begun to look up what is going to be in a movie before I go with any of the high school guys. Why? Because I don't want any of their parents to question my judgement in taking younger people to movies and what is age appropriate. In fact, I was supposed to go to a movie with some of the guys (which didn't work out partially because I had school to finish to send in ASAP, partially because of the events that transpired after church). But the thing is , this time it was different. I told one high schooler that before we went to a movie, I needed to check what they say on screen it about it. I also said that they needed their parents approval on any particular movie before I would go with them.

I never thought these issues were as important as I found out they were once I was around people who were younger than me. I'm glad I can finally see it, but maybe my time has run out?

I hate what I'm feeling right now. Sadly though, it's not going to go away anytime soon.

No comments: