Thursday, January 14, 2010

8 Weeks: Time for Growing Up

In just 8 Weeks.

Time has come.

Time to blog, time to learn, time to grow, time to live a faith that I claim my life is all about.




It's all come, in a way thrust upon me with no planning beforehand.

Ah how quick life changes. One day you have it all, the next you find yourself not having a move, a plan, or any financial backbone to get anywhere.


8 Weeks ago today I began a new journey that I didn't expect, didn't plan for and didn't really even want.

I will keep all the details away from this post and any other blog post for a bunch of different reasons, all of which stem from my goal to keep specific personal issues just that.

With that said, 8 weeks ago I left my dads house. I had no plan, no money, ect. (read above).

What I thought was a journey to survive.... has instead turned into a journey to GROWING up, BECOMING a real man, and LIVING a life fitting of serving my Savior Jesus Christ.

Let me point out that I AM NOT THERE. I will not be THERE anytime soon. I don't expect that. What I do expect is to maintain those goals that keep me GROWING,BECOMING, and LIVING.

I don't know where this journey takes me, I have no clue.

Heck, I don't even know where I'm going to be living in 17 days, or working in 3 weeks (have an interview next week for a possible FT job that would mean giving up alot of hours at the 2 jobs I have now, or at least switching around some of those hours).

BUT!!!!! What I do know is that I serve a God and a Savior who is much bigger than John Schuchman. He's bigger than my insecurities, bigger than my fears of what the long term and even short term future holds. He's bigger than my working 60 hours and being physically spent from it. He is bigger than the many broken relationships I have. He's bigger than my immaturity, bigger than my 21 years of lack of living for Christ.

My God is BIGGER than everything.
HE knows what plan he has for me. It may not be what plan I have for myself.

He is molding me to the John that HE wants me to be.

He has used these 8 weeks that feel like a lifetime to work his purposes in my life. In these 8 weeks I have grown more in my faith, Love for Christ, passion for doing his will, and knowledge and maturity than I had in the last 21 Years and 5 Months COMBINED.

And yet, there is STILL TONS of work to be done, and I trust that he will continue to do that work as he has done for the past 8 weeks

And when it's all said and done, these 8 weeks that have Impacted and completely CHANGED my life, will be just a little blip on the screen to God, and that's completely incredible!

I am encouraged and excited for what the next 17 days, couple months, and even couple years bring and how I grow and mature as I see the fabulous plan he has for me play out!!! :-)


Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done.


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: