Sunday, March 22, 2009

The time draws near

It's coming, and soon. She's headed home.

It's so hard to know that everything you do could be your last with your grandmother alive. She always was a fighter who never gave up. She's had cancer for years, but never did she complain about it or blame God or any of us. She took her lot in life, and trusted in him for everything.

I heard she was 'with it' and recognizing people earlier today, and ran downstairs to her bed thinking 'what if this is the last time she recognizes me'.

I ran up to get my camera wondering if this will be the last time I go up these stairs while she is alive.

Thankfully though, this is not her home, and this pain she feels, and the sadness all of us here feel will not last.

1 comment:

Wendell said...

John--pulling for you all in prayer.