Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting ready to say goodbye...

It's so hard to let those close to you go,especially those that have never let anything stop them from living life to its fullest.

My grandmother is very sick and has been given only a few days to live. She has had cancer for years, and it has reached her brain and the rest of her body. She was told by doctors months ago that they couldn't do anything else for her, but we didn't know she would go this quick until she took a turn for the worst late Wednesday night. I left early Thursday morning to come down here because I was told she only had a few days to live. All of her vitals are dropping, and I've come to grips with the fact that at this time next week,or even in a couple days, she will be gone.

Part of me just wants to cry, and I've done alot of it. I don't want to see her go. I don't want to see my mom,Aunts,and Uncle have to deal with losing their mother.

YET, The other part of me is ready to see it and would like God to take her sooner rather than later. She is confident in where she is going, and lived her life in that manner. I don't want to see her in pain anymore. This is the part that often hides itself.

In times like this, its hard to believe that God has an eternal plan bigger than me, or my grandmother Angie Waggoner,or any of the people here this weekend.

No comments: