Friday, October 10, 2008

The skeptic!

For those that didn't know, I began taking a friend of mine to a bible study about skepticism. He doesn't believe in God or Christianity, so I figured this would be a good environment for him to learn and ask questions while also being in a safe environment. So far so good. He thought the leader (my pastor Jim) was 'cool' and when I asked him what he thought of the book/study he said he 'couldn't say yet without giving it more time'. I took that as a 'Yes, I'll be back in 2 weeks'. That's more than I thought I would get. I thought I would take him and we would be disinterested in the conversation,angry he came, and never want to go back. None of the the three happened, but rather just the opposite happened.

Pray for him, and for me as I learn more than I ever thought I could.
I thought I was just a ride there for him. Instead I am concerned for him, while also learning something about myself and my skepticism.

He (God) raised Lazarus from the dead. I have to trust that he can work in the heart of my friend as well

No comments: