Tuesday, November 27, 2007

our culture needs JESUS!

I often walk around just doing my normal thing when God shows me something through our culture. Today I was at school when I saw a guy walk into the cafeteria, get food, and sit down. Then I saw this cute looking Spanish chick sit down at his table and start talking to him. He obviously knew her. Then I saw his wedding ring (because I notice that kind of stuff I guess). I had to wonder where his wife was and what she would be thinking if she saw her husband sitting there with this 20 something girl. He was obviously "checking her out" and you could just tell it wasn't good. It reminded me a lot of the movie phone booth where the guy has this girlfriend on the side and takes off his wedding ring when he calls her. It's sad really. When are men gonna figure out that this kind of stuff ruins marriages, other relationships,ect. Don't expect to have a good marriage if you can't be faithful. So anyways.......then I thought of this verse "Ephesians 5:3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people". I wonder how different our culture would be if every man could just live by this verse. I think it would be much different. We Christians need to change the culture.


In other news, my step dad is home and its changing our ( my family's) lives. Its given me more patience, and is beginning to teach me the age old saying "You don't know what you got till it's gone" It certainly has changed the way he lives each day and is changing the way I live mine. Value your life


In other other news.... school is done in 9 DAYS!!!
I AM SO EXCITED

this is gonna be a tough week though...and guess I should register if (and when) Desales does not let me back... I guess I should get on that but right now I'm just excited...

My western civilization class is gonna be an A unless I like get a C or worse on the final (how can you do that on an open notes final? HA HA)

The other classes (Intro to Drama + Macroeconomics) should be OK (B or C grade though it really depends on how stuff do this week goes and how the final in Macro goes.


I am confident about the Intro to Drama (especially after seeing the following email from my teacher today)!!!

"
Message no. 21 [Reply of: no. 20]
Author: Judith Schum
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:48am
John,Now you are on track. Make sure you develop that hero concept as much as you can and correct/add your citations. This is the kind of work I was expecting from you.'


SWEEEET
I'm just gonna pray about it... and let God worry
it will all work out

No comments: