Friday, February 24, 2012

Here's My Life

Here's my life…

Here's my life,

what does that even mean?



What does it mean to tell God that you are giving him everything?

What does it mean that you want to keep nothing back from his plan for your life? That you want him to take control and direct your path… No, really… Direct. Everything. That you do.

I don't really know… But I want to. There's a song by BarlowGirl called "here's my life" … and it's the new title on my blog.

Because, I don't know exactly what it means… But I want the Lord to teach me and show me what it means to really sacrificed everything I want and give it up to him and say no Lord, I want what you want!


So welcome back to my blog… Almost 2 years after my last post I am back.

Why am I back? Because I don't want to live a fake Christianity… I don't want to live giving up some parts of my life but not really willing to make a complete sacrifice for Jesus Christ. I want to be someone that stands up for the Lord in every single situation.

I want to really say here's my life. For years I've given the Lord parts of my life… But not others. I have never wanted want to give him everything.


But now, I want to give him my struggles, I want to get him all of my choices, I want to give him my heart and how it feels in my heartbreak.


I want to give Him my career, my future spouse, and my Lord willing future kids.

And so I write… I have been avoiding this for far too long. I wanted to look like a good Christian all the while struggling and not telling anyone. I am so done with that.

I want to be completely open about who I am, and you know what, it's gonna suck, it's gonna hurt, it's gonna be weird that people all over the world that may know me or not know all about my personal struggles through what I write on my blog.


But the truth of it is God knows and that's bad enough, and so anyone else knowing what I'm struggling with or feeling shouldn't matter, because God knows all of that and I shouldn't be ashamed of anything people think.


So I will write… And I will be honest, and I will hopefully encourage you in reading this to pursue Christ and pursue the gospel… Because trust me, I've seen how it goes when you don't. I have tried for SO long to workout things by myself and it goes awful. I also know, that when you surrender your life to Christ, He will bless you… And He will not leave you hanging or lonely. He will satisfy all your needs in ways you could've never even imagined.

So here's my life Lord, one more time. Take it, take every single part of it that I keep back, and use it for your glory, not my own. Do with me what you please, send me where you want me to go, here's my life.


Psalm 19:4

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.




Psalm 104:33-34

I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the LORD.

No comments: